Welcome to I Do Venues, the ultimate place to find the hottest California wedding venues through our interactive directories and daily blog.I Do Venues e-Magazine is available now! Don't miss our Rustic Barn Issue ready to inspire you TODAY!
It’s time to take a deeper look into what makes The Fairmont San Francisco supreme. This elegant, yet comfortable hotel stands atop Nob Hill with breathtaking skyline views of San Francisco, making it one of the most grandest of San Francisco wedding venues. The Fairmont will sweep you off your feet when you set eyes on its classical pillars and European influences. Bold, chic and classy — The Fairmont’s impeccable taste (from its venue space to customized menus) will transform your wedding into something unforgettable!
Read All About It!
With room names such as Venetian, Gold and Crown, you know The Fairmont means “business” when it comes to offering you the finest space. But it doesn’t stop here! Every room has its own signature brilliance, including the 22-foot ceiling of the Venetian Room, crystal chandeliers and hand-painted murals of the Gold Room and panoramic top-floor views of the Crown Room. Perhaps the most playful of rooms is the Penthouse Suite. There is so much fun to be had with a living room accompanied by a grand piano, a formal dining room, a two-story circular library with a painted night-sky ceiling, a billiard room and a terrace with city views. Explore what The Fairmont’s setting can do for your event and your photo-ops!
More Inspirational Photos
Dream in Carmel?
Carmel wedding venues possess a special spark that seems to be hidden within the atmosphere of this magical region. Bernardus Lodge is no exception! In fact, that special spark ignites into a flame at this remarkable wedding venue! With countless activities and relaxing spaces to truly soak up the beauty of your wedding weekend, Bernardus Lodge lends all the natural surroundings and modern mission-style property to put you under a serenity spell!
- This rustic winery and resort offers the luxury of a spa, but with the comfort of a lodge.
- The surrounding vineyards add a perfect backdrop to the European-style accommodations, and the mixture of wooden and warm-colored stucco interior add a warmth of country.
- French doors and exquisite windows make for a seamless transition from outside to indoors.
- With a guest to staff ration of 3 to 1, you can expect top-notch service at Bernardus. Indulge in a therapeutic massage or any kind of pampering that will start off your wedding morning right!
- In addition to the rose filled gardens, a chef’s organic vegetable garden and a vineyard that produces some of the finest wines make this resort extra special.
- Play a round of golf or a game of bocce ball along side the patio!
Check out a variety of styles/designs from other weddings at this venue!
Wedding Credits: Venue - Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley; Photographer - Nightingale Photography
Bold & Beautiful in So-Cal
Camarillo Ranch is a Southern California gem located between Ventura and Malibu, in the beautiful farming town of Camarillo! One of California’s most classic barn wedding venues offers beautiful areas for your ceremony and reception, with a historic Victorian home! The Ranch accommodates any theme from a country barn-style wedding with bright and bold, to an elegant, glam-barn wedding. The near-perfect Ventura county weather is peaceful for an outdoor affair, although indoor options are available. The garden ceremony holds over 300 guests, making this an ideal venue for large or intimate celebrations!
The epitome of countryside charm exudes from the historic Camarillo Ranch. Check out more historic beauty with other designs and themes at this eclectic property! Plus, check out a full wedding feature in our Rustic Barns e-Magazine!
View the Full Gallery
Blushing Bride Deserves a Venue to Match
One of our favorite Southern California wedding venues is located in Marina Del Rey, right along the Marina — hence the name Marina City Club! This venue blends beach club with city chic, transforming your wedding into something magical! The non-traditional space lends to a 360-degree bar with full service and a formal ballroom that’s not the usual square-shape. The dynamic architectural shape of the space provides an intriguing event flow to keep your guests entertained. There’s also a patio to step out and enjoy the view with some fresh coastal air! The staff is friendly and always willing to work with you to make your day perfect. Read more of how to wow your guests with a special culture or custom straight from the venue below!
Venue 411 with Candace from Marina City Club
Catering Director at Marina City Club, Candace Miller, explains the unique Korean Tea Ceremony that they accommodated for this couple on their special day!
“In order to transform the Sweet Heart Table to a Korean Tea Ceremony (Pae Baek tradition), we strategically hid the items used to set up the tea ceremony under the Sweet Heart table. When the bride and groom left to change into their traditional bridal clothes, the guests were asked use this time to take a break, get a drink and then line up for a good viewing spot. We removed the sweet table and the Coordinator Joyce helped set up the Pae Baek table quickly without guests even noticing! At the end, the groom is to piggyback his bride around the room, in which everyone was cheering and clapping, it was so much fun!”
Wedding Credits: Venue – Marina City Club in Marina del Rey, CA; Photographer – Tommy John Studios
A Center for Originality
The Randall Museum is a unique space of San Francisco wedding venues that is waiting to be filled with your artistic ideas! This museum is known for classes, exciting exhibits, and animals that you can interact with. Get your brushes out and prepare to paint the town red, indigo, chartreuse…polka dot! The Museum is structured with modern, grey, geometric shapes that bring out the brightest of colors. Anything goes at this fantastically fun center for originality. Everything about this outdoor venue is limitless–the creativity, the sky, the view of the city from its uphill location, and your guests’ enjoyment.
It’s the little quirks that make this venue a momentous gem. Open up a few of the exhibits like the animal room. Who wouldn’t love to pet a bunny after the ceremony? Lay out a few pillows and blankets to make your guests feel at home. Create your own terrariums as centerpieces! Be fun and be lively! Happiness doesn’t have to be portrayed through luxury. We think it’s even best when your smile conveys it all. The joy that radiates through this couple’s photos shows that without a doubt, the Randall Museum is an excellent place to host your special day!
Enjoy more fun and festive photos in the gallery.
Brides Need to Know These Tips
When I first talked with Kelly about being on the I Do Venues Expert Panel, she was eager to share a list of tips that brides really need to know, but sometimes go un-talked about in the BIG scheme of things. In case you missed this amazing photographer’s first pointers, check out Kelly’s First 7 Must-Know Tips for Brides. Then continue your education below. Enjoy!
1. Keep The Moment Sacred: As a photographer, one of the things that breaks my heart is when I am photographing the bride during her triumphant walk down the aisle with her Dad, and I see a dozen bright screens of cell phones and an iPad or two leaning into the aisle to snap that personal photo for Instagram. These screens will not only be an ugly distraction in the peripheral of the photo (and will make the photo look dated in the coming years) but most importantly, it takes away from the special moment of the bride walking towards her groom. If this is something that would bother you, I have attended weddings where the bride and groom requested that the officiant make an announcement right before the ceremony about the use of iPhones during the procession and recession (also mentioning that the bride and groom had hired a wedding photographer for a reason, and for them to just relax, enjoy, and take the experience in with their eyes, not their iPhones).
2. Delegate Tasks: I don’t know who you are, but I guarantee you are loved by many people! A lot of us brides have trouble delegating tasks either because we have a very specific vision and trust that we will execute it best, or we don’t want to trouble our friends and family. But people that love you want to help! Think about the close people in your life and their specific strengths; ask if they will take that task off your hands. Likewise, don’t expect every bridesmaid or family member to be as helpful as the next. Different people have different strengths! One friend may be able to single-handedly coordinate the entire event, while another may be better suited to do the penmanship on the invites, while another may be in charge of keeping you fed all day..whatever it is, embrace the strengths of the people closest to you, and let them be helpful in the ways that they can.
3. Don’t Forget To Eat And Drink: When we’re stressed and/or busy, we forget to eat. Make sure your bridesmaids are bringing you water and checking in on you to make sure you are at least snacking all day, or else it’ll catch up to you. If you’re worried about missing out on special moments or not getting the chance to see everyone, keep in mind, that you’ll be fed first, and that when you’re done eating, the guests will still be sitting at their table and you and your husband can visit each table and greet all of your guests. Don’t rush! Enjoy your meal! You certainly paid too much for it to not enjoy!
4. Hair & Makeup Trial: You want to look like the best version of yourself on your wedding day! It breaks my heart when my brides don’t feel drop dead gorgeous and confident. Make sure to schedule a consultation with your hair and makeup artist before your wedding and work out the kinks to make sure you look exactly how you want. Keep in mind that even if the makeup feels cakey and more dramatic than the way you usually wear it, it will photograph well.
5. Have An Emergency Kit: Make sure a bridesmaid or your coordinator has a safety kit incase you need something. Some good things for the kit to contain are: stain removal (‘Tide To-Go’ pens are awesome), tampons, small scissors, mini sewing kit, hairspray, safety pins, bobby pins, energy bars, gum, q-tips, band aids, deodorant, makeup remover and Advil – just a few necessities.
6. Share the timeline: Send your timeline to your photographer, videographer, coordinator, bridal party and immediate family. Make sure your friends and family know when to be ready for photos and the ceremony.
7. Avoid Stress/Get Things Done In Advance: Booking “big” stuff such as a coordinator and photographer right away will help you feel productive. What stresses us out is the little things—the details. We’re bound to have hiccups during the engagement process, but keeping working as a team with your fiancé – this will help the sanity.
8. What’s Really Important: Here’s the deal – weddings are one day, marriage is what’s forever. It’s not about the process of “getting married,” it’s about the fact that at the end of the day you will “be married,” and that’s what is really beautiful. Our weddings should be a reflection of our individual styles and an expression of how we feel about our partner, friends and family. Soak up the day and take a lot of mental snapshots- it goes by quickly. But if you make it truly “you,” and you put in the leg work so that on your wedding day you know that the details will take care of themselves, it will be the most special, magical and glorious day of your love!
I Do Venues Expert Panel & all Photography above - Kelly Boitano Photography
Feel and Look Your Best
Imagine your big day at one of the most relaxing Northern California wedding venues! A marriage full of bliss begins with a serene weekend at Solage Calistoga. All the excitement that leads up to your big day is wonderful, but a little overwhelming at the same time. Solage has an ideal environment for you to unwind with your bridesmaids and enjoy a spa day that you rightfully deserve with all those months of planning! When you’re feeling your best, you’ll be glowing even brighter down that aisle.
These Are a Few of Our Favorite Things
The theme for this wedding was the bride and groom’s favorite things. We have a few of our Solage favorites that your guests will be able to enjoy at this amenity-rich resort. One of its Fall features is the Pumpkin Spice mudslide in the Bathhouse! This Napa Valley stunner also has a wedding kit offer that includes cocktail hours, dinner rehearsals, late nights by the bonfire and morning after brunches. What special features will your wedding season offer?
Take a look at more leisurely moments in the photo gallery!
We are excited to welcome a wonderful venue into our I Do Venues Family! The Marin Art & Garden Center is a true Marin County gem. With natural gardens surrounded by a woodsy oasis, this intimate venue dazzles with bliss and romance!
Colorful, Sweet and Rustic.
The small, artistic community of Ross (in Marin County) is a fitting destination for the fun-loving couple who wants to embrace a creative affair. One of the most unique and sweet Bay Area wedding venues to hold your special day is the Marin Art & Garden Center. The sheer abundance of beauty and lush surroundings of the gardens are truly amazing, giving you the perfect amount of natural elements available to build a unique, overall design. Look for the full blog post of this gorgeous wedding soon! In the meantime, check out the Marin Art & Garden Center in our Venues Directory for the entire “Venue 411″ and more photos of this romantic wonderland!