Welcome to I Do Venues, the ultimate place to find the hottest California wedding venues through our interactive directories and daily blog.I Do Venues e-Magazine is available now! Don't miss our Rustic Barn Issue ready to inspire you TODAY!
History. Romance. Design.
Delight in the beauty of the very first Napa Valley winery - Charles Krug Winery! We love everything about this amazing Wine Country venue. The location, the unmatched luscious (and very spacious!) green property, the wines, the friendly and accommodating staff…must I say more? This venue is overall one of the most quintessential Napa wedding venues. With all the charm, history and romance a bride could ask for – Charles Krug also paints an amazing natural backdrop to any design! Bright and bold colors will especially pop in this organic setting!
Design Ideas for Charles Krug Winery!
- Take advantage of the versatile floors in the Carriage House. The ground floor is perfect for your grand entrance, while the second floor is delicately designed for dining with sweeping vineyards views.
- The arched doorways and cathedral ceilings of the Carriage House make for a very romantic and classic wine country soiree.
- Rustic embellishments or whimsical details can easily dress up this venue.
- Subtle tones and rich textures make the best statement! Try vintage colors to make a lovely contrast against the existing warm wooden tones.
- The shady boughs of an old oak tree are a classic backdrop for your Napa wedding ceremony.
- With lush greenery surrounding you, the colors in your florals and design will pop against the Great Lawn backdrop.
- An outside bar, vignettes with cocktail tables and lounge furniture will contribute to the perfect scene for your guests to enjoy hors d’oeuvres and a crisp glass of reserved Chardonnay.
- Stringing cafe lights and creating vignettes are great ways to utilize the large lawn area.
View how this vibrant theme looked so natural at Charles Krug!
Overlook Santa Margarita’s rolling hills as you sit outdoors sipping a cocktail. As one of the most event-friendly outside wedding venues, Spanish Oaks Ranch provides every space from ceremony to reception. The outside barn, gazebo and patio are perfect areas for soaking up the sun’s rays, as well as romantic spots to witness a sunset. If you’er looking to change things up after an outside ceremony, not to fear, Oaks offers their barn as an indoor reception area. Spanish Oaks Ranch has plenty of parking and accommodates as many guests you have for their outdoor space, and up to 150 guests indoors. Make Spanish Oaks Ranch’s vivid structures and views part of your wedding day memory!
View the Full Gallery!
Wedding Credits: Venue – Spanish Oaks Ranch, Santa Margarita, CA; Photographer – Peer Johnson Photography
Hear about this Incredible Venue from the Bride
“I always thought that true love only existed in movies…until my love story began. As soon as Jacob got down on one knee and made my dreams come true, the excitement and planning for the big day began. Because everything from the scenery of the proposal, the ring, up to the moment was all so very romantic, I then decided my wedding theme: a little bit of romance with a touch of noir.
It all starts with the invitation because that sets the tone for your whole wedding day and lets guests know what they should be excited for! I fell in love with an invite from Paper Nosh.Com (found through Etsy) with the shiny crushed German glass that glistened on the chandeliers to the elegance of the paper it was none the less perfect.
With my husband being a golf fanatic, The Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon was the perfect fit. It has the rustic look with the large black chandeliers, giving it the dark yet romantic look I had envisioned. As soon as the venue was chosen, I had to find my dress! I couldn’t resist a Lazaro Couture Ivory lace and satin gown. The moment I put that gown on I was ready to walk down the aisle.”
Don’t miss The Bridges Bridal Showcase on January 30th - more info here!
It’s booking season! The perfect time to make sure you get the perfect venue and start browsing the best vendors. So don’t miss The Bridges Bridal Showcase on Jan. 30, 2014 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. Enjoy tasty appetizers while meeting with preferred vendors and checking out this wonderful property!
Looking through the Lens with Majesta Patterson
“I’m so excited to share this romantic cultural wedding! So many gorgeous details, dripping elegance. Aryan and Jake held an Afghani ceremony where she wore a sweet emerald dress and then changed into a stunning Lazaro Couture gown for their American wedding reception. It was a full moon that night so they swooned under the gorgeous hues of pink and purple as the full moon rose! It was perfect romantic noir wedding.”
View the Romantic Gallery
Treasure Island Creates Sparks
The Winery SF sparkles and shines on the beautiful Treasure Island! There’s no better look out to the San Francisco skyline than from this magical island, and The Winery SF is a unique spot that will make your wedding glisten and glow! You will enjoy distinctive wines produced right in San Francisco, blending the “wine country experience” with the chic-glam setting of still being in the city! Read why today’s bride chose this incredible venue, and how this couple used this gorgeous space below!
A Note from the Bride:
“My husband and I picked the SF Winery on Treasure Island for our venue. It was an airplane hanger converted into a winery and event space. We wanted something different and it had everything we wanted in a venue. A big plus it was a winery with one of the best views in San Francisco!
Ceremony: With wine barrels at our alter, we kept the decor pretty simple. The aisle was filled with a bed of rose petals and lined with different heights of cylinders filled with water and candles. We had beautiful drapery to frame the room.
Cocktail Hour: Cocktail hour was held at the top floor of the winery. During that time, Crystal Lequang of Amazae Special Events, and her team flipped the floor from the ceremony to the reception. The cocktail room was decorated with simple mercury vases and peonies, vintage teacups and saucers from my mothers collection and chalkboard signs, which I made using vintage frames I collected in the past. I also had my sister and best friend, both designers, to write charming transcripts. We also had a long string of photos of Ojay and I throughout our relationship. Lastly, we had a table filled with chachkies that we collected during our travels in Asia, which made it very special and personal.
Reception: This was the most beautiful part about the wedding. We had string lights, eight Maria chandeliers, beautiful champagne drapery, a black and white checkered floor, a decadent candy bar, lovely center pieces filled with over 100 vintage books, my mothers prized tea and saucer sets, candles and colorful floral arrangements.”
More Shimmery Photos in the Gallery
Wedding Credits: Venue – The Winery SF; Photographer - Augie Chang Photography; Floral Design – Cherries Flowers; Cake – Carolyn Wong; Event Design – Crystal Lequang of Amazae Special Events; Linens – Wildflower Linens
Known for its natural beauty and incredible property, your wedding will be nothing less than a lush romance at StoneTree Golf Club! Sparks will fly as you smooch on the sun-kissed terrace, with all your guests cheering with glee. Any color palette or theme works beautifully at StoneTree, but the organic greens and yellows make the bright greens of the country club pop even more. Located in Marin County’s countryside town of Novato, this bountiful property stands out as a memorable setting among Bay Area wedding venues. StoneTree will light up your wedding celebration complete with delicious catering menus, friendly staff, accommodating services and not-to-mention their prime-time location, a quick drive to Wine Country and a mere 30 miles to San Francisco!
Wedding Credits: Venue – StoneTree Golf Club in Novato, CA; Photographer – Larsen’s Photography
Rustic Vineyard Romance
Log cabins. Sprawling vineyards. Rustic charm at it’s finest is embodied in this serene property tucked into the rolling hills of Paso Robles Wine Country. Still Waters Vineyards is sprinkled outdoor beauty and rustic details. The wedding event site can accommodate up to 150 guests. The spacious venue makes any size wedding feel personal and intimate. You might have thought it’s hard to find a refreshing, organic atmosphere like this in Southern California – but be surprised by the many unique features of Still Waters Vineyards!
View the Sun-kissed Gallery!
Wedding Credits: Venue – Still Waters Vineyards in Paso Robles, CA; Photographer – Danielle Capito
Party like it’s 2-0-1-4!
Our expert today is talented and fun! Annamarie Estess, Dance Instructor and owner of The 8Count, may know better than any other vendor how to help you feel relaxed and comfortable on your big day. Her philosophy is clear in her expert advice to brides below: this is your day to shine! What better way to celebrate your wedding than dancing the night away with your loved ones while feeling comfortable and confident on the dance floor!
Tips for brides:
1. The newlyweds set the tone on the dance floor. The focus on your wedding day is, rightfully so, on the new couple. Therefore, the energy you bring to the dance floor will encourage guests to join you and celebrate.
2. Make your first dance an opportunity to express your personality. Feel free to play with different song genres and tones, and choose a dance style that you’ll really enjoy learning and using together over the years. 3. Think about your ability to dance in your dress. If your ideal gown is a bit restrictive, consider changing into a party dress mid-way through the reception so that you can boogie down!
Things that couples should consider when choosing a venue:
The reception venue can certainly impact the quality and duration of your dance party festivities. We recommend that couples consider the following when reviewing venues:
1. Noise restrictions: Many venues are required, for various zoning and neighborhood reasons, to maintain certain quiet hours. If you’re having an evening wedding, you’ll want to make sure that you’re allowed to play music and keep the dance festivities rolling for at least a few hours after the cocktails and dinner have been served. No one wants to cut the dance party short!
2. The dance floor space and material: Explore the venues’ dance floor possibilities. Are they allowing you enough space to host at least half of your guests on the dance floor? (More space is even better, but you can assume that guests will be rotating through the dance floor during the event.) Also, if you’re having a reception outdoors, remain mindful of all your guests in high heels–dancing on grass or woodchips is a recipe for party injuries!
3. Dance floor orientation: Think about the flow of the reception when looking at a venue. If your hope is to keep guests on the dance floor, then it’s important to have the dance area be the epicenter of the reception. Of course you’ll still provide the option to sit at tables and talk, grab drinks at the bar, etc., but you’ll want to orient the dance floor as the main attraction.
FAQ’s that you get from Brides:
Q: Do I need to have dance experience in order to make a first dance look great?
A: Absolutely not! Even the simplest dance steps can be accented with fun, romantic movements. The goal is for you to feel confident and enjoy this experience together, and there are plenty of creative and simple dance moves that can make this happen.
Q: Do we have to do a traditional, formal dance for our first dance? My relatives are expecting a waltz, but we’re not sure that’s our best option.
A: There are many ways to maintain a traditional feel to your first dance, without having to go overboard on the fancy ballroom dance footwork. You can also request a few “highlight” twirl and dip moves from your choreographer that are both playful and classy (i.e. Grandma will still be smiling).
Want to Have a Great Party? Here’s How!
1. A successful dance party is about building momentum on the dance floor. It takes great music and a snowballing effect of guests willing to pave the way for the others to join. (We recommend hosting a fun, private dance session with your bridal party in the days leading up to the wedding, allowing them to confidently break the ice on the dance floor. Think of them as your dance ambassadors!) Many people are simply anxious about being the center of attention, so reaching a critical mass of dancing guests will help draw the more hesitant people out of their seats.
2. A dance party often creates one of the most emotionally-lasting impressions from the reception. People recall that shared sense of fun and celebration long after the wedding day. Therefore, it’s worth spending time thinking about the ways that you can help foster a dance celebration in terms of the music, venue, first dance, and other special dance perks (bridal party performance, anyone?!).
3. Consider pre-wedding dance lessons to be a life-long investment. You’ll be dancing together as a couple for many years to come, so talk to a dance professional about the styles of dance that you might enjoy most and that will be the most versatile for various social settings. You’ll keep improving as you tear it up at future parties, weddings, and nights on the town!
Sunshine and Sunflowers
Coastline ceremonies are amongst our favorite outdoor wedding venues! Costanoa Lodge is home to a Pacific Ocean view and a Santa Cruz Mountain backdrop. The smell of pine mixed with the feel of the ocean mist create a wonderful sensory ambiance. This wedding is themed with sunflowers and bright colors that bring out the light-hearted mood of the venue. The California sun will be shining down on your ceremony in the sand, but the beach also has caves with intricate crevasses that are perfect for fabulous photo opportunities. Consider bringing a surfboard and hitting the waves. The ocean blue background will look amazing and guests will have the freedom to dive in themselves!
After Sunset Activities
After the beach, come back to the lodge and enjoy another side of nature. Outdoor venues are a free-for-all for several activities from day to night! The talent show is one example that we thought was very creative. Bring out the comfy blankets, situate yourself on the spacious lawn, and let the good times roll under the stars. Whether you’re singing, dancing, or sitting, you’ll be enjoying the fresh air of away from the city. The best part about the lodge is that the next morning, the spa and accommodations will welcome you and your guests to unwind from an eventful night!
Get a better feel for the beautiful Costanoa Lodge through our photo gallery!